What is a Funnel and Pipeline Report?
Funnel shows a historical view of a workflow. In the historical report type, each workflow status includes the counts of all applicants who passed through the workflow status within a specified date range. If applicant Mary Jane Smith passed from New to Phone Screened, then from Interviewed to Not Hired – Not Qualified all within the selected date range, you will see +1 count for Mary Jane across the four workflow status buckets: New, Phone Screened, Interviewed, and Not Hired – Not Qualified. Also, on the historical report type, you will see the average amount of time applicants spent in each of the workflow statuses within the specific date range.
Pipeline shows a snapshot of all applicants across a set of selected jobs. If you chose five jobs, and across those five jobs there are currently 28 applicants in the “Phone Screened” step, the “Phone Screened” step will indicate 28 applicants.
Launch the Funnel and Pipeline report
Go to Reports.
Under Legacy Reports, Click Funnel and Pipeline.
- Select Report Type.
If you choose a Funnel report, you must select a Date Range. Only candidates who have applied during the date range will be included in the report. As a best practice, set the start date range to the date the job was opened. This will ensure the most complete applicant data is included.
Select Job Status. Selecting the status will only show the jobs within that status as options to select below.
Select Department. Choose the department, and only the jobs within that department will be listed below.
- Select jobs to report on.
- After step two above, the list of available jobs to select will update to show only those jobs using the selected workflow.
- You may have many jobs using a selected workflow, and you may only want to report on a handful of them. You can sort and re-sort the list of jobs to easily find and check off jobs by: Job Title, Internal Code, Location, Department, Open Date, Filled Date, and Hiring Lead.
- While you must manually mark the check box for each job you wish to include in the report, the sortable columns allow you to quickly sort and find the jobs you wish to include in the report.
- If you want to include all jobs using the selected workflow, mark the check box to the left of the Job Title in the header bar.
Generate the Report
- After you’ve selected jobs, scroll to the bottom of the list of jobs.
- Click Generate New Report.
- A green banner will appear at the top of the screen saying, “You will receive an email and the report will appear under saved reports when ready.”
- If you made an error entering information into the previous steps, you may get a red banner at the top indicating the error.
- You will receive an email entitled, “Your Funnel or Pipeline Report is available”.
- In the email, you will see the title of the report, the date and time you requested the report, and a link to the completed report.
- Click the link in the email, and you will see your report results.
- In the report results, you will see a main chart that looks like a funnel.
- Below the funnel, you can drill down into each individual job that was selected in the previous screen.
You also have the ability to Export or Save-As.
- Stage: List of all workflow stages for that job.
- Count: How many candidates have made it to that stage in the process.
- Conversion Rate: The percent of candidate that came from the previous stage.
- Status %: The percent of candidates that made it in to a stage from New.
- Avg. Days: The average days candidates spend in a particular stage (round to the nearest 1).
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are some rows showing the conversion rate as 0%?
If you you do not move candidates sequentially through the workflow, those candidates will "fall out" of this calculation.
Why are some workflow stages out of order?
For jobs that use standard workflow, there are two steps that are out of sequence.“Filed for Later” & “Put on Hold” do not exist in this report. However, If the names of those workflow stages are changed, they will appear on the report. For example, if you change “Filed for Later” to “Review Later,” that stage will appear in report. When a candidate is in “Filed for Later” or “Put on Hold”, their counts are not in the report.